Thursday, July 7, 2011

Helping the Victims of Flash Flood


July 6, 2011- I, together with my friends went to Km. 9 Matina Pangi to help the people who was been devastated by the flash flood last evening of June 28. I feel sad when I saw the place. I really thought that the place was slightly damage but it was really severe. It was my first time to see a devastated place caused by the flash flood. The concrete bridge was severely broken and most of the house was damage and most of their clothes were washed out by the flood.


We visited the site and bring the necessary things needed by the people around the place. We distributed used clothes and blankets to comfort them while they are asleep. We also distributed bags and slippers for the children.





As I look into the face of those people that we had given, I can really say that they are very happy and glad that we came. Every clothes that we give means a lot to them.There was also a woman who approaches us if she can have blanket for her mother and thanks God that there still a blanket for her mother. 




  We have also seen lots of children who didn't went to school because they don't have any school supplies like bags, notebooks, pencil, papers etc. That is why we once again decided to go back to the site this coming Wednesday to give them school supplies. If you are a kind person and wants to help these children who are in need, you may help us  giving any donation that you can give. Just leave a comment to help them. 

7 comments:

  1. oh poor thing...
    Excellent post. Very generous.
    I think we have some old clothes in Lupon. Are you still looking for that kind of donation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Target sana namin maam mga school supplies kasi may school kasi dun malapit sa river na affected ng baha... Ok din lng naman mam kaso di ko alam sino ang magkukuha ng clothes sa lupon.. di kasi ako uuwi dun..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- it's great that you went to help them, I would be devastated if where I lived ended up looking like some of those pictures so I'll bet they really appreciate the help. Inspiring post!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always heartwarming to read about volunteerism. I can't wait to do more of such myself. Good job guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey very nice site!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I'll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also?I'm glad to seek out a lot of useful information here in the submit, we want work out extra strategies in this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

    ReplyDelete