Sunday, April 15, 2012

Trip to the Southern Part of Davao Oriental

October last year, me and my friends decided to go to Parola or Light house at Cape San Agustin. I really thought it would be easy to travel on that place. But I was wrong. So far, it was the hardest trip that I ever had in my whole life. There were many hills we crossed just to get to that place. In the middle of our journey to parola, a heavy rain suddenly fall. It made our route a little bit difficult to pass. 




After 6 hours of travel, we finally arrive to our destination, the Cape of San Agustin. This area is the south part of  Davao Oriental. It was said that there was a priest who jump in this cape because he was been chased by the tribe who lives in this place while he was spreading christian learning. That is why it was called Cape of San Agustin.Other rumors said that this is the hiding place of the bandits and they also hide their treasures here. 





In this cape stands 2 old parola that has never been used for years. There's a new tower that has been built within the cape. I'm not sure if what is the used of the newly built tower over there. We tried to go down to the cape and we take our lunch there. The waves are strong since the sea is part of the Pacific Ocean. 



The place there is very nice especially if you want to relax and unwind. Unfortunately, the weather is not good  that is why we just stay there about an hour and left the place

11 comments:

  1. Maybe because of the difficulty in getting there, its a place that is rarely visited. You were privileged enough to see not-so explored areas of our country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to Mindanao. If the weather's fine, I bet you would've stayed there longer.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last pic is absolutely gorgeous. I hope that that place remains beautiful forever and not taken over by capitalism.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks charming! I think it's unique beauty lies in the difficulty of getting to that place.

    So, were you able to luckily stumble on any treasure?

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my life's goal is to travel the whole Philippines... I feel that it is our moral obligation to explore our own country before trying to explore other nations... So far I have been to several Luzon areas and just a few Visayas ones.. I hope I can get started on my Mindanao travel as well.. Your blog really gave me a preview on what I am missing already...

    ReplyDelete
  6. wala pa bang abu sayaf sa lugar na to? hehe. i wanna go to davao soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Crichton: Don't worry, walang abu sayaf sa lugar na ito.. Di lahat ng lugar dito sa mindanao may abu sayaf.. I can say na Davao Oriental is a safe place to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. whoa! the parola is nearthe Pacific Ocean? amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been to any place in DAVAO.
    Sorry for me because, I visited only few of the many provinces in the
    PHILIPPINES. I wish I can explore many places like this less traveled
    Cape of San Agustin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! :) was there last weekend. I was accommodated by the LGU of Govgen. :)

    ReplyDelete